It has been 10 months since we first came to Perth. Of all the ppl, new to this city, we get to know each other n throughout these year, we got closer n closer.. from strangers to frens to best frens n family member… of all the ppl, we were destined to stay in Vickery House.. n tat’s where everythg starts…
Orientation
Date: 20th – 25th Jan
Venue: Trinity (the bed’s super comfy)
Hmm… we jz arrived, some wif parents(Jasper, Jane, Reen Jye); some wif frens(Jun, me, Mike, Danny, Khang); some wif new frens(Alex). We somehow jz din get to know each other tat well during orientation. We might nvr had talked. But, some of us jz had certain impressions on certain ppl. Alex remembers Jane coz she has the same name as his ex; Jane remembers me coz I was always hanging out wif a group of guys; I remember Jane coz she always looks so cool=); I remember Fedora coz we were in the same group when touring UWA; we all remember Reen Jye coz her mum asked Danny to look after her… kekeke… her mum probably wanted him to be her future son-in-law; Chin Boon gave most of us deep impression as well… for certain reasons… we know (*wink*). Tat was our orientation.
10 March 2007We, the Vickerians, went out together to Northbridge. We had our dinner in Taka.. marvelous! I guess tat was one of the first big outings we’ve ever had. Am I rite? Alex din join us but Karen did. We ended up getting stuck at Oat Street bus stop. Everyone shall remember tat. Instead of bus, we went home in Porsche. Jas was so happy… thanks to Simon. He saved us n brought us home..

Actually nthg much happened… coz we din reli celebrate for her… her cell group did. We jz went to play wif the sprinklers… eeuk… after tat we found out tat those were ‘grey water’… gosh… tat was the first n last time we played wif ‘grey water’…

Khang Wee’s Burfday – 20 March
My cuz’s burfday… he received the most special burfday card one ever receive… it’s not made out of paper or cardboard, but plastic.. n it’s huge! Haha…

I guess he nvr had celebrated such a burfday coz we only dine out according to our family tradition… no cakes, no cards… from relatives…


Subiaco – the place we do our grocery shoppings… but, I think the market is gonna be closed down soon… tat’s so sad. The place where we shop for grocery, amazingly we cud spend the entire day there… walking down the streets… it was a great trip. We went into 2 choc shops… choc – our fav, rite Jane; rite Danny; rite Jas? We always ‘visit’ other ppl’s room to ‘hunt’ for chocs.. haha.. n jas’s room is always our target..
Grocery shopping… starting from next year, I might have to do everythg alone. I’ll hafta cook for myself only.. which is quite sad. I’ve got used to eating together wif Khang n Danny… ive got used to cooking thgs in big portion. Who’s gonna share food wif me next year?
Freo – 26 May
Fremantle… the fish n chips place we love most – Cicerello. It takes 45 mins by train n 1 hour by bus to go to Fremantle n yet we go there quite often, jz to eat the fish n chips there.
Fremantle Fremantle… there wont be any in Sydney.
Jas’s Burfday – 14 Jun
Fishball’s Burfday… I think he’ll remember it forever. We cheated him by asking the RA to talk to him n tell him tat he has been too noisy wif his singings n songs. Kekeke… he reli believed n when we came out of the RA room, he was so shocked… haha. Great rite, jas?
He asked for a Baskin Robbin’s cake n he got one. He even got a video specially made for him. We all don have one specially made, but we have got one which is better.. coz it’s all abt Vickerians…
Jas made a list of burday presents he wanted n he got most of it. Thanks to us!
Mike’s Burfday – 19 Aug
Not much… we had steamboat in the common room. Mike’s present was a teddy bear… from us. Today, he has gotta carry it all the way back to Kch… haha…
Oh, we planned to take dinner earlier so tat we cud watch muvee later. Who knows, mike went for football practice. We had to wait for him then… haha.. well he was the burfday boy. I don think he received any surprises from us…
Wildlife Park – 31 Aug
We touched the snake, wombats, ponies, KOALAS… it was great! We took tones of photos too… kekeke…=) had lots of fun
Beach – 29 Sept
How did we end up in the beach instead of grocery shopping? Thanks to me!
Tat morning I went out for dim sum wif my classmates n lecturers. After tat we went to the beach. I wanted to meet jasper in subiaco for grocery shopping after some photo-taking at Cottlesloe Beach. Well, thgs turned out dif. Instead of me going to subiaco, jas brought vickerians to the beach! Haha… we had great time there, under the sun.
Beach
Beach again.. but this time wif more ppl… it was a cold day wif strong winds… we went there quite early in the morning so we din play much. The nite b4 we slept quite late… I even watched series until 7 in the morning… din sleep much so I slept at the beach… geng le… haha… after brunch, we started going into sea n played.
Graduation Nite – 26 Oct
B4 we sit for our final exam we already graduated. It was so funny coz everyone wore neatly n beautifully in suits, dresses n heels but we ended up taking bus to Perth Parmelia Hilton.
We din enjoy the dinner much, but we enjoyed the photo taking sessions. The organizer had to ask us to sit down so tat dinner and dessert cud be served… everyone was pretty tat nite…
Jane’s Burfday
Dinner dress, cheese cakes, earrings, hair band, burfday cards… wat more will a burfday gal ask for if she had such marvelous burfday.
Graduation dinner was comin up n they bought her her dinner dress n necklace. Danny n I made choc cheesecake n bought a pair of earrings.. was glad tat she wears it.. Alex’s hair band is nice… i wud have bought it if it weren’t for Jane…
The most important event on her burfday is ROTTNEST ISLAND outing.
Rottnest Island – 27 Oct
Wonderful trip! Though some undesirable event happened, we still enjoyed. Trust me, Jane. If it weren’t bcoz of ur burfday, the whole family wudn’t have joined the outing. We wudn’t have had so much fun tat day…
We rented bicycles n cycled on the island… fantastic sceneries everywhere. Lighthouses… so nice. Too bad we din had time to tour one of the lighthouse. It was a chilly day… by the end of the day; many were shivering n a few ended up sick… unforgettable burfday for Jane…
Poor Wei Ni has calculus exam on her burfday.. we bought her a super sexy Playboy dress. Hopefully she wud wear it… Alex bought her a Me2U bear which was so nice… (I helped him choose one… jk). He kept it in my room and keep on asking me not to hug it… of coz I din dare to touch it.. haha…
It was Wei Ni’s burday but alex was so lucky to receive presents too… Kisses and hugz from Wei Ni. Great? Haha… Alex, tat’s ur present for the following years… haha.
Wei Ni n Reen Jye – first to leave Vickery House. I din reli get close to them throughout the year but it’s so sad to see them leave.. I cried.. I might not have the chance to see them for my entire life… since I’ll be leaving Perth for Sydney(most probably). Unless I go to Penang or Ipoh… or else it’s quite hard…
B4 they left, we had our last reunion dinner in Vickery House. Bak Kut Teh, curry sotong, butter rice… they jz taste so nice n warm… Drinking vodka cruiser, I suppose was wat most of us were looking forward to. Fedora ended up drunk n start scolding ppl, especially Khang. Yi Xiu fainted.. I duno y also but half an hour later she was happily chatting wif my housemates… haha…
20 Nov
I guess this is the saddest day I ever had in Vickery House. The moment tat they hope onto taxis n cars n leave for the airport.. was the saddest moment of all. Y do they have to leave in three dif cars, at 3 dif time.. it made me cried 3 times… even when sending jas n jun off. Hey, they’re from Miri also… after they left.. I was still cryin, alone in the room… =( these ppl… the Vickerians… will split up next year. Some leaving Perth, some staying but dif uni which is quite sad… we’ll hardly get the chance to meet up n have another reunion dinner wif Vodka Cruiser. No more bbq, no more dinner in Northbridge, no more beaches, no more Wildlife Park, no more midnite chattings, no more burfday surprises like wat Jane had… n more n more… =( haiz… without u guys, Vickery House is reli reli quiet… tat makes me miss u all more… more than ever… Vickery House was nvr this quiet…
23 Nov
The day khang n I leave Vickery House. Other than Rachel n Yao Shu, all the other family members have left Vickery House… This is the end of Vickery House…
All these sweet moments shall remain in my heart, 4eva. I’ll always remember those days when we had fun together. I feel blessed to have stayed in Vickery House… or else I wudn’t have met such nice ppl, I wudn’t have had enjoyed my life in Perth so much…it’s hard to imagine life without the Vickerians. I’ll miss everyone now n then… Take care!
Vickerians, which one is the most memorable moment u’ve had in Vickery House n Perth? We wanna know the answer!



5 What say you?:
hehehe vickerians rox! will miss all of them hehehe including u of coz =)....hope all of us will meet again someday hehe...hopefully =)....i will nvr 4get all of u =) life wud b diff widout u ppl =(...owels thts how life is =(...Frenz forever =D...most memorable...many .... canot make my mind up ...hehe jz 2 many... most memorable year of my life =)............
-Dan- 2007
most memorable? my birthday needless to say!!! haha..and Cottlesloe!!! haha..i mean, i had the best year of my entire life, and it's so sad to look back..it's like..time is flying so fast before we can even stop to shout "wait!"..time really do flies, we all came all the way through it..the days in trinity were still so fresh n vivid in my mind, and i cant believe it's november now, and im lying on my bed in miri, typing you this comment..
Vickery house, despite the a*shole racist manager, is really a beautiful place to live in..not only the place looks beautiful (my front lawn is full of blooming roses!) most significantly, the love that's filling the air during the year we were there..we all made vickery house what vickery house is..=)
friends, some come and go, but these few people are those people that definitely will leave thier footprints in my life..jane, weini, reenjye, fedora, yiizhu, rachel, mike, khang, danny, you, yao, liying, changjun and a few others, the memories belonged to us, and nobody will be able to steal it from us, ever..
please, keep the cd me n yiizhu made for you all, that shall be a wonderful piece of memory written in hard evidence for all of us..=)
i am sure, we will still meet in future..i believe in fate..=)
meanwhile, everybody take care, and remember, life is all about being happy, because life is good. =)
spotted one of the ugliest pic of mine in the post. HAHAHa XD
Yea Vickerians rocks! Started to miss all the you guys when I was leaving in the taxi, and miss you guys even more after I reached KK. and the next day I reached KK I started to call vickerians in m'sia already. =P
most memorable.. hmm.. Cottesloe and my birthday? hmm or Rottnest Island? oh and Wildlife Park also.. and Freo... Perth Zoo... omg.. just too many. haha.. all of these are the most precious moments in my life. not only the outings, also the other moments we shared together. Watching cartoon in common room, playing in common room, talkin unitl late in my house/my room, being u guys' psychiatrist, singing songs together esp cai hong... oh my.. many many things ler.
and I believe that we will meet up again someday. and when everything has changed, these moments we shared will always keep the strong bonding between us.. =)
year 2007.... I will never forget, this year I met friends of my life.=)
oh gosh.. it's a real long post!! i guess it's the longest post of urs! glad tat u enjoy every single moment u spent there. oh ya, chai's prez u going to share wif us? or u wil search for it in singapore?
kar wei, there are just too many to choose from. but there is one which really stands out to me, personally. all the friendships and happiness created, that is it!
take care, my friend =)
Post a Comment